- Alc: 44,8 %
- Vol: 70 cl
- Distilled: Barbados
- Aged: Ex bourbon 8 years in the Tropics
- Cask finish: Ex Skotlander Rum (ex Oloroso) barrels 2 years in Danmark
- Temp: 8-45 °C
- Nose: Sugar, vanilla and sherry
- Taste: Raisin, brown sugar and well balanced alcohol
- Sugar added: 20 gram/liter
Great Dane Rum 10 years
We have selected a couple of delicious barrels with rum in Barbados. Aged for eight years in the tropical climate and then two years in the cold Danish climate at the West Coast.
A vintage rum with total 10 years of aging in two types of casks: First ex-bourbon in the tropical climate as you know it from classic Caribbean rum and then cold aged in old sherry barrels. Nose of vanilla and sherry and delicious taste of raisin, brown sugar and well-balanced alcohol.
Our barrel room is unheated and therefor causes large changes in temperature and humidity during the year. This also give a slow aging compared to the tropical climate – on the other hand, evaporation is also lower. Slow maturation at the end of the process gives a super soft rum, but with lots of flavor.
Availability: In stock